Thank you, PA Department of Education!
I feel like the EL population usually gets overlooked by school districts, so when I found this quote in multiple articles about PA shutting down schools, I was overjoyed:
Whatever decision is made, LEAs must ensure full access to learning for all students, with particular attention to free appropriate public education (FAPE) for students with disabilities and English as a second language (ESL) services for English Learners.--EerieNewsNow
This particular article then had an entire section about students with disabilities, but at least the state mentioned our students!
Philadelphia also cited the same information from the state, here: Philadelphia.
In light of the virus, seemingly taking over the world, most of the articles and sources that my alerts brought up were dealing with how we can cope.
via GIPHY
The resource that really stood out to me is here: Harnett County Schools in North Carolina created a list of apps and sites that students and their families might be able to use during this trying time. Check it out! Which one can you recommend to your students? Can you use one at home while you are quarantined? (Most of them are free. The ones that aren't are labeled.)
I think I will use Storyline Online with my nieces when I watch them later this week!
Hi Sarah Jean!
ReplyDeleteFirst, I love the graphic you chose! I love the format of your blog. Thank you for that resource, I will be using that when we go all digital. Accounting for all populations will be key to making this work. Best wishes to you!